How to use VPN to access blocked websites
The laws of many countries attempt to prevent gamblers from enjoying their favorite pastime. Gambling websites are being blocked, which makes it impossible for people to directly access them. Thankfully, there are ways to bypass this restriction. The easiest and most convenient method is to use VPN services. Such services are completely legal and reliable, and allow people to access blocked websites and enjoy all the features these websites have to offer.
What is VPN and why is it the best method to access blocked websites?
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network. In essence, this service creates a secure tunnel between your device and the website that you’re accessing. The use of a VPN prevents third parties from having any sort of influence on the data that is being transferred. In other words, when you use a VPN service, all the data that you send and receive cannot be monitored or blocked. Thus, when you access a blocked website, no one can find out your geolocation. All legislative restrictions on viewing certain types of content are lifted, and you can view any pages you like and use all of their content.
Let us take a look at the advantages of a VPN:
1. Anonymity and privacy. VPNs can hide your location and IP-address. Many apps and add-ons (extensions) that allow connecting to the internet through a VPN enable you to choose a country, which will be displayed as your location. It is a great advantage for people who like gambling. All you have to do is to find a list of countries that do not have any restrictions on gambling and choose one of them when choosing your VPN server.
2. Data encryption. VPN allows for the transfer of data without worrying that it will be intercepted by third parties. This is especially important when you’re going transferring money to and from the virtual gambling websites as well as sending them your credit card information.
3. The ability to open blocked websites. This concerns not only websites that were blocked by the legislature of your country but also any websites that are blocked by the local network. No longer will your boss be able to stop you from checking out new posts on Instagram or Facebook.
4. Restriction of ads. Quite often, the content of ads is dictated by your geolocation. By hiding your location with the help of a VPN, you’ll be able to restrict the number of these ads.
The process of installing software and add-ons that allow you to connect to the internet via a VPN is fairly simple. You’ll find that some of those services should be paid for while others are free. Some browsers have an inbuilt VPN that makes it a whole lot easier for users to access blocked content. While online-anonymizers establish a fairly unstable and slow connection, VPN provides a much faster and reliable connection. Also, online-anonymizers are often blocked themselves. Below we will go into detail on how to connect to the VPN on different devices.
How to use VPN on PC and laptops
One of the simplest ways of accessing blocked websites through VPN is to use the Opera browser because it has an inbuilt VPN. This means that you won’t have to install any add-ons like in Mozilla Firefox or Google Chrome. All you have to do is to have the latest version of the browser. When using the Opera browser, you will find the button that turns on the VPN to the left of the address bar. By clicking on it you’ll turn on the VPN connection and also choose the server in a country of your choosing.
Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox browsers do not have an inbuilt VPN. In order to access blocked content when using those browsers, you will have to install a special add-on. One of the most popular add-ons that allow you to do just that is ZenMate. This add-on has a free and paid version. The main difference between these two versions is that the paid version allows you to choose from a broader range of locations. Based on our experience, you’ll only need the free version to access blocked online casinos and gambling games. Furthermore, this add-on is very reliable, fast, and easy to use.
In order to install ZenMate on Google Chrome, you’ll need to do the following steps:
- 1. Open Google Chrome
- 2. Click on the button with three dots located in the upper right corner of the interface.
- 3. Hover your mouse over “More Tools”
- 4. Click on the “Extensions” button
- 5. Click on the button with three horizontal lines (next to the “Extensions” title) located in the upper left corner of the screen
- 6. Click on “Open Chrome Web Store”
- 7. Type ZenMate VPN into the search field
- 8. Click on the “Add to Chrome” button located to the right of the extension that you’d like to install
- 9. Click on the “Add extension” button in the menu that will pop up.
After you’ve installed the extension, you’ll notice a new icon located to the right of the address bar that looks like a blue shield. To begin using ZenMate, you have to click on this shield icon and enter your current email address and a password, which will allow you to create your own ZenMate account. Once you’ve verified your email address, you can log into ZenMate using your email and the password that you chose. If the VPN is active the shield icon will become green. Click on this icon to access settings. In the menu that will open up, you can turn the connection on and off and also choose your preferred location.
Installation of ZenMate in Mozilla Firefox browser is done by following these steps:
- 1. Open Mozilla Firefox.
- 2. Click on the button with three horizontal lines in the upper-right part of the interface.
- 3. Click on the “Extensions” button.
- 4. Use the search field to find ZenMate.
- 5. Click on the “Add to Firefox” button of the ZenMate extension.
- 6. In the menu that appears click on the “Add” button.
Similarly to the installation process for Google Chrome, after you’ve installed the extension, you’ll have to register by entering your email address and password. The icon of the shield will appear in the upper right corner of the interface. By clicking on it, you’ll be able to choose your preferred location and turn the VPN on and off.
Above we’ve described one of the easiest and most popular ways of connection to VPN through your browser when using a PC or laptop. When you wish to access blocked websites, you can also try the following add-ons:
- Tunnel Bear;
How to use VPN on mobile devices
The question of how to access blocked content when using a smartphone or a tablet is just as popular. Connection to a VPN when using a smartphone or another mobile device can be done by using the settings of the device or by installing special apps. We will explore both of these options.
How to connect to a VPN when using iOS
The first method of connecting to a VPN when using an iPhone or an iPad is to make a change in the settings of the device. Here is how you do it:
- 1. Enter the settings menu.
- 2. Tap the “General” button.
- 3. Tap “VPN”.
- 4. In the menu that opens up tap on the “Add VPN Configuration”.
- 5. Tap on “Type” and choose the type of VPN you’re going to use.
- 6. Tap “Back” to return to the previous screen.
- 7. Enter all the VPN information including description, server, and remote ID.
- 8. Enter authentication login which includes your username and password.
- 9. If you’re going to use a proxy, enable it by tapping “Auto” or “Manual”.
- 10. Tap “Done”.
- 11. Under VPN Configurations, toggle the Status to switch the VPN on.
It should be noted that this type of method is fairly complicated and requires the user to have information on reliable servers. It is much simpler, quicker, and safer to use specialized apps for iOS that do everything for you. One of the most popular apps in this category is VPN Master. This app is free and allows connecting to a VPN quickly and easily. The only downside is that the free version has ads in it. If you would like to use VPN Master on your device, here is what you’ll have to do:
- 1. Open the AppStore.
- 2. Use search to find VPN Master.
- 3. Install the app.
- 4. Open the VPN Master app.
- 5. Before you can turn the VPN on, you’ll need to watch a fairly short ad.
- 6. By tapping on Optimal Location, you can choose the location of the VPN server you’re going to use.
How to connect to a VPN on Android
To connect to a VPN when using a device that runs on Android, you’ll have to do the following steps:
- 1. Go to settings.
- 2. Tap on the “Wireless & networks” tab and then tap “More”.
- 3. Choose “VPN”.
- 4. In the top-right corner tap on the + sign.
- 5. Your network administrator should provide you with the information that should be entered here. Fill out all the information and choose the desired protocol.
- 6. Tap on “Save”.
- 7. Now you can connect to a VPN by going back and selecting the VPN entry that you just created. After that, you’ll have to enter your username and password.
- 8. You can also tap on the three-dot menu and choose for the VPN to always stay on.
The method described above on connecting to a VPN server via VPN Master App works for both iOS and Android devices. By going to the Play Market, you can install this VPN-client on any smartphone or tablet that runs on Android.
Another good method of accessing blocked websites is to use a mobile web browser that has an inbuilt VPN function. This will allow you to quickly enter the desired website without having to launch any other apps or changing the settings of your device. This type of function is present in the following browsers:
- Aloha Browser;
- Epic Browser;
- Globus VPN Browser.
- Opera Mini;
- Puffin Web Browser;
When you’re choosing the best method of connecting to a VPN through your mobile device, you should consider a number of factors. For example, not all browsers that have an inbuilt VPN function can run Flash-content. Furthermore, you also have to take into account the speed of your device, how fast your internet connection is, and other factors.
By correctly setting up your connection to a VPN server, you can ensure that you’ll have a smooth, reliable, and unlimited access to all web resources that you’re interested in. Just once you’ll need to take your time to set up a good VPN connection, and then nothing will stop you from enjoying your favorite gambling games even if the legislation of your country prohibits it.